About Me

你好 Ni hao!My name is Elizabeth Yu Ellsworth. I teach Mandarin Chinese at Herricks Middle School in Long Island, NY. These are my photos and impressions of my first ever trip to Shanghai, China during November 1-5 2010.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Steamed Buns 小笼包 Xiaolongbao


Here are baskets of  Shanghai style “xiaolongbao” 小龙包 (steamed buns) I shared with two other fellow Chinese teachers on the second day of our summit. We had four different kinds: one basket of buns with crab fillings, one basket with meat fillings, one basket with seafood fillings, and one basket with some kind of spicy vegetable fillings. On top of this we had an assortment of  three different vegetables, a large bowl of  饺子 jiâozi (dumplings), and a cup each of  豆浆 doujiang (soybean milk).


We did a pretty good job polishing off all that food. Chinese summits can really make you work up an appetite.

No comments:

Post a Comment